Podcast in Place: Youth Stories From Quarantine – Episode 46: Filmmaker Lanie Zipoy
Lanie Zipoy is a New York-based filmmaker whose feature film “The Subject” has played in festivals throughout much of the pandemic. She hopes to release it in theaters and digital platforms later this fall. She also created the installation film “Dispatches Amidst” which documents life in and around New York during the pandemic.
ATMI producer Zinn Rogers spoke with Zipoy to talk about how Covid has affected the film industry, her personal relationships to the stories she tells, and how the murders of George Floyd and other Black Americans re-contextualized her feature film, which tackles similar themes.
Hosted by Kendrick Whtieman.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including Rosey Robards and Della Cutchins. The views expressed in this program do not necessarily represent the views of our sponsors.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.