Podcast in Place: Youth Stories From Quarantine – Episode 14: Re-Opening School with Joe Zawodny
The fall semester is right around the corner, and with the coronavirus still spreading throughout the world, people are wondering if schools are going to reopen, and if so, how are they going to do it safely. So ATMI senior producer Quinn White called up Joe Zawodny, a director for the Anchorage School District, to talk about their plans for reopening schools and keeping students and teachers safe.
The interview was conducted on July 16, 2020, before ASD’s decision to start the semester with online classes.
Hosted by Kendrick Whiteman.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including United Way of Anchorage and the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Rasmuson Foundation through the Arts in Education Fund administered, under contract, by the Alaska State Council on the Arts.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start.
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.