For many Alaskans, the Covid-19 pandemic seems like a thing of the past. Life feels mostly normal again. But while recorded case counts are at their lowest in over a year, Covid is still here.
So to give us an update on where Alaska stands in the fight against Covid-19, we called up Dr. Anne Zink, Alaska’s Chief Medical Officer, and no stranger to our podcast.
ATMI senior producer Quinn White spoke with Dr. Zink about how Alaska is doing in the pandemic, the new bivalent booster shots, and even some non-Covid topics too. It is flu season, after all.
They spoke on October 4th, 2022.
Hosted by Madison Knutson.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast, including the CDC Foundation Arts and Vaccine Confidence Project.
The opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this podcast are those of our guests and do not necessarily reflect the views of our supporters.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING COVID-19
- Anchorage COVID Vaccine: Find a location to get your free COVID-19 vaccine or booster in Anchorage.
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
COVID-19 tips from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.