ANTHC’s Jackie Schaeffer | Podcast in Place #59
Jackie Schaeffer is a community development manager with the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. She also serves as a board director of the NANA Regional Corporation.
So she has been deeply involved in responding to the Covid-19 pandemic in rural, Alaska Native communities.
ATMI producer Roey McCowan talked with Schaeffer about her work during the pandemic, how storytelling has helped Native people through decision making regarding the COVID-19 vaccines, and how Covid has impacted efforts to combat climate change.
They spoke on March 23rd, 2022.
Hosted by Zinn Rogers.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast, including United Way of Anchorage for the Healthy Communities Funding Program and the CDC Foundation Arts and Vaccine Confidence Project.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this podcast are those of our guests and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United Way of Anchorage or the Municipality of Anchorage, Anchorage Health Department.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.