Despite nearly half of the state’s population being fully vaccinated, Alaska is experiencing some of its highest case counts and hospitalizations. So as we head into another autumn with Covid, we check in with Dr. Anne Zink, Alaska’s Chief Medical Officer.
ATMI senior producer Quinn White spoke with Dr. Zink just days after the FDA gave full approval to the Pfizer vaccine. She also talks about the delta variant, booster shots, and how divergent messages from community leaders impact how we can get through this pandemic.
Hosted by Ada Bjorkman.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including Della Cutchins, Spirit of Youth, and the United Way of Anchorage. The views expressed in this program do not necessarily represent the views of our sponsors.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.