Podcast in Place: Youth Stories From Quarantine – Episode 24: Check-in with Dr. Zink
Back in June, Dr. Anne Zink, Alaska’s Chief Medical Officer, she said that we were in the second inning of the pandemic.
With winter and flu season just around the corner, ATMI producer Danielle DuClos checked in with Dr. Zink to talk about what inning we’re in now, pandemic fatigue, wide spread testing, and a possible vaccine.
They spoke over Zoom on October 9th, 2020.
Hosted by Quinn White.
Music by Devin Shreckengost.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including the Anchorage Museum, United Way of Anchorage, the Alaska Humanities Forum, and the National Endowment for the Humanities. The views expressed in this program do not necessarily represent the views of the National Endowment for the Humanities or other sponsors.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.