Long Covid with Dr. Jeff Demain | Podcast in Place #63
For many people who have had Covid, it isn’t always over once you’ve recovered from the virus. According to a study from the Penn State College of Medicine, more than half of the 236 million people worldwide who have been diagnosed with Covid-19 will experience what is commonly known as Long Covid.
In this episode we hear from Dr. Jeff Demain, an allergist and immunologist with the Allergy Asthma Immunology Center of Alaska. ATMI senior producer Daisy Carter talked with Dr. Demain about Long Covid, its various lingering symptoms a person can have, how it should be treated, and the role vaccines play.
They spoke on July 19th, 2022.
Hosted by Tyler Felson.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast, including the CDC Foundation Arts and Vaccine Confidence Project.
The opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this podcast are those of our guests and do not necessarily reflect the views of our supporters.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING COVID-19
- Anchorage COVID Vaccine: Find a location to get your free COVID-19 vaccine or booster in Anchorage.
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
COVID-19 tips from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.