We take another trip around the world for this episode, to Costa Rica, to hear about how the pandemic has impacted people there.
ATMI senior producer Daisy Carter has family who live in Costa Rica. Her cousin Andres Canas came up to Alaska to visit this spring. They sat down to talk about how the pandemic has affected life for him, his friends and family, and the different ways Costa Rica has responded to the virus.
They spoke on April 8th, 2021.
Hosted by Tyler Felson. Interview edited by Ormund Alaois.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including John O’Hara and James McCoy. The views expressed in this program do not necessarily represent the views of our sponsors.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.