For those that have had and recovered from the coronavirus, the symptoms can really vary. Some people are asymptomatic and may not even know they have the virus. But others, like Libby Pederson, had a very different experience altogether.
Libby is a born and raised Alaskan who has been teaching special-ed for twenty years in Anchorage. She spoke with ATMI producer Danielle DuClos to talk about her unique experience with Covid.
They spoke over Zoom on January 29th, 2021.
Hosted by Daisy Carter.
Music by Devin Shreckenghost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Alaska Teen Media Institute is based in Anchorage, Alaska. We would like to acknowledge the Dena’ina people, whose land we work on.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including John O’Hara, James McCoy, and the Alaska Press Club. The views expressed in this program do not necessarily represent the views of our sponsors.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.