The Bear Tooth Theatrepub and Grill hasn’t screened a movie since mid-March when city mandates forced it to close to the public. In September, major movie theater chains were able to re-open in Anchorage, but Bear Tooth kept their theatre closed.
In this episode, ATMI producer Devin Shreckengost speaks with Stephanie Johnson, the general manager of Bear Tooth. She talks about what the movie-going experience means to her and her customers, plans for re-opening the theatre, and the long term affects the pandemic may have on the movie and restaurant industries.
They spoke on October 2nd, 2020.
Hosted by Riley Taylor.
Music by Devin Shreckengost.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including the Anchorage Museum, United Way of Anchorage, the Alaska Humanities Forum, and the National Endowment for the Humanities. The views expressed in this program do not necessarily represent the views of the National Endowment for the Humanities or other sponsors.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.