In the second episode of our series, ATMI senior producer Daisy Carter interviewed her mother about being furloughed from work during the quarantine. That was in early April. It’s June now and Alaska is in phase four of re-opening, so Daisy’s mother is back to work.
Daisy sat down with her mother for a two-part interview about returning to work. First, on May 25th, the morning her mother was headed back into work, they discussed her expectations about how it would be. Then on June 3rd, they talked about what it’s like working in the restaurant industry right now.
Hosted by Devin Shreckengost.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including United Way of Anchorage and the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Rasmuson Foundation through the Arts in Education Fund administered, under contract, by the Alaska State Council on the Arts.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start.
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.