Podcast in Place: Youth Stories From Quarantine – Epsiode 7: Ryan’s Escape To New York (5/10/20)
Before Covid-19 was declared a pandemic, ATMI producer Ryan Danigole’s father got a job out of state and the whole family was set to move to Albany, New York. Now that we are in the midst of a pandemic, the Danigole family is still planning to move this summer.
Ryan sat down with his parents to talk about the prospect of moving across the country during a pandemic, anxieties about being so close to the epicenter of cases in the U.S., and their hopes for the future.
Hosted by Kendrick Whiteman.
Music by Devin Shreckengost and Kendrick Whiteman.
Many thanks to supporters of our podcast including United Way of Anchorage and the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Rasmuson Foundation through the Arts in Education Fund administered, under contract, by the Alaska State Council on the Arts.
RESOURCES FOR YOUTH DURING QUARANTINE
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!
- How to get your home ready
- What to do if you are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting recommendations
- How to cope with stress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Other wellness resources!
- What foster kids need to know during COVID-19
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention and someone to talk to line.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Call 2-1-1 or Help Me Grow Alaska 1-833-464-2527 for help connecting to resources and services or for help knowing where to start
These resources provided in collaboration with the State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.